Banana bread recipe
A little late for Valentine's Day, but it's never too late to celebrate love!
For this delicious banana bread you need the following:
3 cups of wheat or barley flour
1 cup of brown rice flour (substitute for coocnut flower in summer)
1 cup dates, chopped up in smaller pieces
3/4 tsp mineral salt
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp sweet cinnamon powder
3-4 medium size ripe bananas
Sprinkle of rose water
1-2 Tbsp rose petals (from your yard if no chemicals used)
3 tbsp ghee (in the summer you could use coconut oil with its cooling quality)
- Mix all dry ingredients together with dates.
- Blend bananas with a little water or herbal tea.
- Mix the ghee, rose water and bananas with the dry ingredients until the batter is moist, thoroughly mixed, and thick.
- Place dough in a stainless steel or glass baking dish.
- Add rose petals before or after baking. Bake at 360 ° F (180 ° C)
for 15-20 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
This recipe was inspired by one published by Durga Farms on Hawaii.
Find the original and a beautiful article about them here.