Sharing a simple and delicious recipie with you here today, the Hale pule L❤ve loaf. Or at least one version of it. It's perfect to bring on a flight as a healthy snack, to serve with your meal to give it some extra sweetness or to just have on it's own in between meals. Always leave 2-3 hours for digestion to do it's thing, before having the next meal.
Ayurvedic l❤ve loaf
Serves 6-8 people
- 2 tbs of chia seeds
- 2 cups of whole wheat flower (ground it yourself if you can to have it as fresh and least processed as possible)
- cup of coconut flower
- 3 tbs of ghee
- a large handfull of pecan nuts
- a handfull of medjool dates (pitt them before baking)
- a handfull of coconut flakes
- 1 tsp of cardamom
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1 tsp of ginger powder
- 1-1.5 cups of water
honey to add on top after baking (honey should never be cooked! Maple syrup or jaggery can be added directly into the dough if you substitute honey for them)
This is how:
- Soak the chia seeds in 1 cup of water for 10 min or until they become like a glue.
- Chop up the pecan nuts in smaller pieces and pitt the dates.
- Combine the dry ingredients; wheat flower, coconut flower, nuts, coconut flakes, cardamom, cinnamon and ginger powder and mix them with your hands.
Add in the rest of the ingrediens; soakes chia seeds, ghee, medjool dates and a bit of the water. Combine well untill you have a sticky texture. You want to be sticky enough to not get dry, but doughy enough to get it off your hands.
Add into a glass or ceramic container. Make sure it's spread even so it bakes evenly.
Put in the middle of the oven at 375 °F (190°C) for 25 - 40 min or untill a toothpick comes out clean.